|Relationship between Trade Measures in Multilateral Environmental Agreements and the WTO Rules
Dr. Bharat H. Desai, JNU., Dr. Biswajit Dhar, IFT., Shri S.C. Dey, GTF., Shri Pradeep S. Mehta, CUTS., Shri S. Ramaiah, Former Law Secretary., Shri Sanjay Kumar, Ministry of Commerce and Industry., Ms. Preeti Srivastava, Ministry of Environment and Forests., Dr. K.S. Kavikumar, MSE, Invitee., Dr. U. Sankar, MSE, Lead Expert.
2005 - 2007
Ministry of Commerce and Industry
|The purpose of this Group is to provide policy inputs to the Inter-Ministerial Consultative Group on Trade and Environment on the relationship between specific trade obligations in multilateral environmental agreements and the WTO rules.
This Group has prepared the following Background Papers:
- Specific Trade Obligations in Multilateral Environmental Agreements and the WTO Rules: A Policy Brief By U. Sankar, MSE.
- Comparative Institutional Structure of MEAs Containing Trade Related Environmental Measures By Bharat H. Desai, JNU
- Trade and Environmental Disputes at the WTO By Pradeep S. Mehta, CUTS
- Role of Economic Instruments in Multilateral Environmental Agreements With Specific Trade Obligations By U. Sankar, MSE
- Criterion for Selecting Trade Measures in MEAs By K.S. Kavi Kumar, MSE
This Group has also prepared the following Compendiums
- International Conventions on Hazardous Chemicals By Paul P. Appasamy, MSE
- The Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) By S.C. Dey, GTF
- Montreal Protocol By K.S. Kavi Kumar, MSE
- Convention on Biological Diversity By Pradeep S. Mehta, CUTS and