functions of the Expert Committee on Environmental Economics (ECEE)
Expert Committee on Environmental Economics (ECEE):
The Ministry of Environment and Forests has constituted an Expert Committee on Environmental Economics for overseeing the implementation of this project. The present composition of the Committee is as follows:
- Dr. Raja J. Chelliah, Chairman, MSE : Chairman
- Shri R Chandramohan, Joint Secretary, MoEF : Member
- Dr. U. Sankar, Hony Professor, MSE : Member
- Dr. Kanchan Chopra, Professor, IEG : Member
- Dr. Jyoti Parikh, Senior Professor, IGIDR : Member
- Shri T.L. Sankar, Principal, ASCI : Member
- Shri K.P. Niyati, Chief, Environment Division, CII : Member
- Dr. Robin Mukherjee, Retired Professor, ISI, Calcutta : Member
- Shri. K K Chandolia, Director, MoEF : Member Secretary
The Committee has the following terms of reference:
- Providing guidelines for curriculum development in the field of Environmental Economics at Universities and Business Schools and for mid-career training programmes for executives and Government Officials.
- Formulating, assessing and reviewing implementation of Faculty Training Programme in the field of Environmental Economics.
- Promoting research programmes in the field of Environmental Economics and providing directions for improving the quality of research in the discipline.
- Reporting to the National Steering Committee on Progress of Environmental Economics component and providing suggestions to the National Steering Committee on ways and means of improving the programme component.